Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Don't Care...I Looove This Song!

I'm posting these lyrics for those of you who may not know of Maroon 5 (if you don't know, I recommend finding out), and for those of you who may know the band...but have just never paid attention to this particular song:

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself back home to you

And you may not know
That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning

~ Maroon 5


It's not like this is a new song, new album or new group...all of the above (or beside) have been out for a minute. So I'm not sure why this song still affects me the way that it does.

It could be because I cannot think of anything more seductive, soothing or sensual than a rainy Sunday morning. Or...it could be that I long to have someone view me as their light in the midst of darkness. Or...it could be that the "break it down" at the very end of the song (I don't know the exact term when the lyrics stop and the band gets to do their thing) makes me think that Maroon 5 has sat up in somebody's Baptist church. Or...it could be that I just think they are super talented. Regardless of what the reason(s) is/are...


I. Love. This. Song.

I did quite a bit of driving today...to the airport to pick up my Mom...into the heart of DC for lunch...back to the house...then to work and back. No lie...I must have listened to this song 15 times! The last note couldn't even be played before I was pressing repeat.

And not only did I listen to it over and over and over again...but it was L-O-U-D...very loud. And I sang along...H-A-R-D...like I was Maroon #6! And I played air drums...yup, I sure did...and I'm not 'shamed to admit it :o) At red lights, I pumped my brakes to the beat. I was in my own world...

There was a second that I paused to consider what my fellow motorist/passengers must be thinking. I imagine that I had to be a sight to see. A young, Black, woman rockin' out and playing air drums smack dab in the middle of CHOCOLATE CITY!!! It even tickles me when I think about it. But this second was only a fleeting one because, truly, I didn't care what they thought. I felt good and was having fun...and that's all that matters! But if I made someone smile or someone realize that they need to loosen up and enjoy life a bit more...well, then THAT matters.

I discovered, many years ago, that "music makes me high" just like The Lost Boyz :o) I have a great deal of respect, appreciation and admiration for music, as well as musicians. And it doesn't matter the genre...I just love good music...music that moves me...that stirs my soul and awakens each and every one of my five senses.

This song does that for me...so I wanted to share it with you and encourage you to dance to the beat of your own drum...or someone else's if you like (I personally recommend Maroon 5...among others). It doesn't really matter...just DANCE!

Longing for a rainy Sunday morning....


4 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

I have no idea why my post looks all crazy with half normal sized type and half large sized type. I tried to fix it, but it just wouldn't work. Oh well...it could have been worse, right? :o) Enjoy!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger TTD said...

i like maroon 5.. never purchased a CD though.. is that song on one of their most recent albums? seems like a good song

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

TTD: It's on the "Songs About Jane" album. Do yourself a HUGE favor and pick it up...it's well worth it...especially if you already know that you dig them.

Will: How funny. I'm going to have to go back and search for that post now...I'd love to hear what you had to say. I've been going through your archive a bit, but I haven't come across that one yet. E-mail me...maybe we can meet for a drink when you come to town...ledrose@hotmail.com. I'm a little under the weather right now, but it's possible that I might be okay before Friday.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Shug said...

LOL!!!! Girl, I completely understand. I LOVE me some Maroon 5 and Sunday Morning has to be my favorite song by them. Adam Levine is my white boyfriend for the moment. If you don't have the live cd, you are truly missing out. It's great. I really love your blog, by the way. And now that I know that you love Maroon 5 as much I do, I will definetely be linking you to my blog.

Thanks for the laugh,

Shug

P.S. I'm about to listen to this song right now because of your post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home