Friday, April 14, 2006

"Hoppy Easter"

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know I'm corny...so what? Although I, like many of you I'm sure, have never understood why we have the Easter bunny rather than the Easter chicken (or some other animal that actually does lay eggs).

Just one of those things that makes you go, hmmmmm (right, MzNewAgenda? See post from 4/7/06)

I also realize that I am two days early with my well wishes, but I don't know what my weekend is going to look like...so I wanted to make sure I did wish you all well. Better early, than not at all!

Don't you just love Easter? I do. The implication of spring and warm weather. The endless array of beautiful pastel colors. Speckled Malted Robin Eggs (my absolute favorite Easter candy). Dying eggs (doesn't the smell of vinegar always remind you of Easter?). Little girls in their pretty Easter dresses...ruffled arms, ruffled socks and white patent leather shoes (that are guaranteed to have atleast one black scuff mark on them by the end of church). Easter "pieces." The remembrance of the Resurrection and all that it means and affords us...most importantly, new life.

New. Life. *sigh* Imagine that...

No wonder I love Easter...it stands for EXACTLY what I am in need of...a rebirth. Isn't it awesome when things click? I'm on my way folks...I'm on my way!

Happy Easter everyone!!!

4 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

i definitely think new life when i see the whole lamb carcass in my boyfriend's mom's fridge :)

yikes

thanks for visiting, i look forward to exploring your site too!

buona pasqua

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Tracie: LOL...I guess you would, huh? It was my pleasure to visit your site...thanks for stopping by mine :o)

Happy Easter back to you ;O)!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger TTD said...

happy easter!!!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: Happy Easter to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home