Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Hug, Please

HUG: (H)eartfelt, (U)niversal, (G)esture.

I don't know exactly what it is...but there is nothing like a warm embrace. Positive and electrifying energy being transfered from one being to another. I'm a big hugger...I always have been...I believe they are healing.

Hugs don't have limbs, yet they can carry you through life's valleys. Hugs carry no currency, yet they can sometimes ease the burden of waning finances. Hugs are not porous, yet they have the ability to dry the weepiest of eyes.
Hugs don't have a voice, yet they speak words of understanding, encouragement, strength...and love.

It has been a rough morning for me, and I am in need of a hug.

* An I-didn't-have-to-ask-you-just-knew kind of hug...
* An I-won'
t-let-you-go-until-you-tell-me-to kind of hug...
* An I-want-to-take-away-the-pain kind of hug...
* An I-didn't-know-how-much-I-needed-this-until-you-
wrapped-your-arms-around-me
kind of hug...
* A Don't-be-afraid-to-let-it-all-out kind of hug...
* An In-case-this-is-the-last-time-we-see-each-other kind of hug...
* A Let-me-be-your-soft-place-to-land kind of hug...
* An I-may-not-know-what-to-say-but-I-want-you-to-know-
that-I'm-here
kind of hug...
* An I-NEED-YOU-TO-SURVIVE kind of hug...

I need THAT kind of hug...today...right now.

"A silent hug means a thousand words to the unhappy heart." I'm not sure to whom I should credit this quote, but I will say that he/she summed up the way I feel in 11 simple words. It's not always about speaking the "right words" or inscribing the "perfect message." At the point that someone needs the kind of hug like I do today, there are no words...there is no message. Your ears do not have the ability to hear what is needed to take away the pain...the frustration...the confusion...the disappointment...the deperation...the sadness.

I realize that many of us have a "thing" about personal space, but that's not what I am referring to. I'm talking about an exchange between friends...family...loved ones...lovers. So many people shy away from the human touch...never allowing themselves to feel its power, its energy, its healing and calming effect. It saddens me when I see people who can't give hugs because that makes me wonder if they ever got them.

If someone you know and/or love needs a hug, give it. If you are in need of a hug from someone you know and/or love, accept it.

It has been a rough morning for me, and I am in need of a hug...





6 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger TTD said...

((( HUGS ))) ~ hope that can bring a lil' joy to your morning..

i'm a big fan of hugs too!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

I'm sending you a ((((HUG))) too!
This was a beautiful thought provoking post.
I, too have always been a hugger- and feel they are
so important.
Sending you not only a hug- but a smile of understanding too...

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

Thank you Ladies...your ((((hugs)))) were gratefully and graciously accepted.

Sending them back to you both:

((((TTD))))
((((Sangindiva))))

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

((((Will)))) Thank you...for everything...your understanding, your wanting me to get better and your offer to get me meds, tissues...etc. Although still not 100%, I feel A LOT better, thank goodness. That all hit fast and hard...not fun at all.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Lāā said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I know I'm late but thought you could use one this Monday morning.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

I could always use one Laa...thanks dear :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home