Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wish Me Luck

Although I have never seen the show "A Chorus Line" I do know some of the music...and "I Need This Job" keeps playing over and over in my head.

I am so ready to get back to work! This unemployment, without being independently wealthy, bit is getting a bit T-I-R-E-D!!! This whole "no job" situation truly has humbled me in more ways than one. It has taught me a valuable lesson...the lesson of spending with discretion and that, although I don't overspend, there are some things that I can do without in order to save more. It has also opened my eyes to just how hard finding a job can be. Until now, getting interviews came VERY easy to me. Until now, I had never interviewed for a job and not gotten an offer.

But I am hoping that my luck of late (or lack of luck) has changed. I have my first interview in quite some time, with a staffing agency that handles a number of opportunites that are of real interest to me tomorrow. It is my prayer that something will come of this. My hunt for employment has been difficult enough without adding college gradutes into the mix. Graduation is right around the corner and if I don't find something within the next couple of weeks, I'm afraid I might be screwed with all of the cheap and eager labor that is soon going to be flooding the lobbies of every company in the Washington DC metro area!

So...that being said, I need all of the good luck, well wishes, prayers, chants, magic, etc. that you can muster up. Whatever you got...I'll take (just no voodoo please...lol). Although I always get lost in blog world until the wee hours of the night (or morning rather), I'm going to try to call it a night at a decent hour tonight. Even though my interview isn't until late afternoon, I want to start my day off right...and a good night's sleep can make all of the difference in the world.

I'll keep you posted...

12 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Lāā said...

Good luck!!!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Laa: Thanks girl!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger TTD said...

GOOD LUCK!!!
You're in my prayers!!

I'm sure something will tu rn up for you soon!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: Very much appreciated!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger TTD said...

so how do you THINK it went?? 9 out 10 times, you always have a feeling of how it went...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: It went well. It's a staffing agency...so they place temp, temp-to-hire and permanent.

She has a couple of positions in mind for me...one that is a temp position that will give me some of the creative knowledge and experience that I need to move into the types of positions that I really want.

I have a feeling that they are going
to find me something really quickly. Whether or not it will be a permanent position or not is the question...but if they just get me in the door...I can work it from there...ya know what I mean?

I have been very impressed with how they have handled me and my needs thus far, so I feel really good.

Thanks for asking!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Butta said...

Hey Darbs! This is my first time at your spot and I just wanted to give you some encouragement on your employment journey. I was right there where you are this time last year. I got laid off and was out of work for 8 months so I can totally feel your pain (and boy was my bank account hurting). I pray that you not only find a position but find the right position. I see that you're in the DC area as well, so I can give you some contacts should this agency you interviewed with not pan out. Feel free to hit me up on email.

I'll be back to read more of your blog but right now my bed is calling me. Be blessed and don't get discouraged.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Butta: Thanks so much for your wonderful message of encouragment and your offer to assist. I think I'll be taking you up on that, as any help I can get would be much appreciated!

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you! So Let us know if you got it!!!!!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way...What God has for you is for you....I was on a 3 month "temp assignment" for almost 2 years and am now getting a permanent offer.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mznewagenda: Thank you so much for that message...I needed that. It so amazing how divine messages can be sent to you through people you don't even know that well.

@ Everyone: No news yet, but I will be keeping you all posted!

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any news?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home