Saturday, May 13, 2006

Soundtrack of My Life

I absolutely love music...at one time I loved to play music (I'm thinking about taking up lessons again at some point during this lifetime), I love to listen to music, I love to study lyrics, I love the way music makes me move...I just l-o-v-e music!!

I've noticed lately, that no matter my mood or state of mind, there is a song that speaks to exactly what I'm going through...I've coined it as the "Soundtrack of My Life" (I probably should add "current" before "life", as it changes so much).

Since my life's current soundtrack is weighing so heavily on me, it deserves a post of its very own...


"It's Only Love That Gets You Through"
Sade


"Girl you are rich even with nothing
And you know tenderness comes from pain
It's amazing how you love
And love is kind and love can give
And get no gain.

It's down a rugged road you've come
Though you had every reason
You didn't come undone
Somehow you made it to the other side
You didn't suffer in vain.

You forgive those who have trespassed against you
And you know tenderness comes from pain
It's amazing how you love
And love is kind and love can give
And love needs no gain.

It's down a rugged road you've come
Though you had every reason
You didn't come undone
Somehow you made it to the other side
You didn't suffer in vain.

You didn't suffer in vain
You know it's only love
That gets you through
Only love, it's only love
It's only love that gets you through.


Thanks Sade...good lookin' out girl!

6 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Soulfull said...

Gosh, it must be a Sade kind of day... I've been listening to her all this morning... ;)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Soulfull: How ironic! Truth be told, any day can be a Sade day for me.

@ Will: So you finally made it back to blogland...and my site specifically! My weekend is okay...but I'd much rather be sitting at a neighborhood bar, drinking beer...need I say more? LOL. Enjoy your weekend Will!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Actor Smurf said...

I LOVE SADE...she has an amazing voice...the song of my life would be....

We've only just begun!

oh yeah and "If you could read my mind"

nah there are a ton of songs, but one song that really gets me is

"Dance with my father"
"The Last Song"

Do we see a theme of what I miss the most in my life?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Actor: Totally...and I'm right there with you...and they are with us!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Mocha said...

It's true, I can listen to a song, or even a line that I love over and over again. And something must be in the air with Sade..I've been listening to her "best of" over and over again.

My two favorite lines:

I can see through, all of your lies but still I miss you

And

if you were mine, I wouldn't want to go to heaven

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mocha: Something is in the air with this whole Sade thing...very weird. Love those lines...thank YOU for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home