Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lost In Translation

This morning I have been lost in translation...lyric translation. I woke up singing...which happens quite often. But when I stopped and realized exactly what I was singing and exactly what it all meant...I was no longer lost in translation, but kinda found in it...so to speak. You tell me:

Lyrics: "I can see clearly now the rain is gone..."
My Translation: I'm feeling a lot better now however, I'm still not back to my usual self...but I'm not sure that I ever will be. What I have realized is that through this healing process...I am learning. With learning comes growth. With growth comes growing pains, but more importantly, change. And change, well...even when it's good, can cause some discomfort. This emotionally charged "life flow chart" - of sorts - is definitely clear to me now.

Lyrics: "I can see all obstacles in my way..."
My Translation: Okay...what hit home about this particular line is the realness of it. He didn't say that the obstacles are no longer there. Oh no, no, no my friend...life would NEVER be that easy. BUT...I do revel in my ability to SEE the obstacles that are, inevitably, going to appear throughout my life journey. For when you are able to see, you can prepare...reroute if you have to...do whatever it is you need to do to make it through.

Lyrics: "Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind..."
My Translation: And we arrive at my current state of being! Yay! Those blinding dark clouds are slowly moving out to sea...THANK GOD! You know what the interesting thing is though? Dark clouds are tricky little devils because they make you think of doom and gloom...right? WRONG...or atleast not totally correct. What I have discovered is that dark clouds can manifest themselves in the form of all things light and airy...like BLISSFUL IGNORANCE...which has been something with which I have been challenged. What I mean is sometimes, and just sometimes, when you walk through life - or a phase of life - willingly ignoring reality...possibly a little delusional, a touch naive, having slight traces of passive aggression or backstroking down that famous African river (yup...you know...THAT one)...on the outside things look like they are all going your way. But on the inside? Yeeeaaahh...not.so much. You end up walking around LOOKING like you have it all figured out...meanwhile, in reality, your life is falling apart. DARK. CLOUD. It is imperative that I must, always and at all times, confront the reality of my life (or life phase) and deal with it accordingly.

But wait...there's more...we finally get to the REALLY good part...

Lyrics: "It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day"
My Translation: Everything is gonna be alright! Trouble don't last always! This too shall pass! Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning! Don't worry be happy! Good things come to those who wait! I could go on and on...but I'll spare you from any more of the motivational/inspirational rah-rah...LOL...I think you get the point.

Just know...ya girl? She's gonna be aight!

Featured lyrics: "I Can See Clearly Now" - Johnny Nash



6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger TTD said...

i was wondering where you were... glad that things are getting clear for you now :-)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

Yes
Yes
and
Yes!!!

Don't you love it when 'it' comes all together????

Glad the cloud has lifted and you're back :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: Thanks girl...and don't worry...I'm still here...I won't be going anywhere any time soon :o)

@ Mwabi: I do...I love it, love it, love it! Thanks!

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaa she is gonna be alright!!!! Glad you are getting back to being you! :-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger chele said...

We sing these songs over and over again for years and never really hear what we're singing. This is one of my favorties.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ MzNewAgenda: Thanks...me too :o)

@ Chele: Isn't that something how that happens? I had never even really thought about the words until that day really. Guess everything happens when it's supposed to happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home