Wednesday, July 05, 2006

11 Things for 11 Days

It's been 11 days since my last post...

Sounds kind of like a confession of sorts, except I'm not Catholic and there will be no divulging of my sins...LOL. I thought I would keep the mood light and, at the same time, catch you up on some things that have been happening in my life...not because it has been terribly exciting, but just because I'm in the mood to share.

So, for your reading pleasure, here goes 11 Things for 11 Days:

1. I have fallen in love and memorized almost every song on India.Arie's new album,
Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship. If you are an India fan, please go get this CD RIGHT. NOW. And don't let the weird forehead painting/tattoo/ashes situation that everyone has been talking about discourage you...she is the same wonderful, spiritual, raw, creative, uplifting, insightful and reflective India. Tracks #5 (Private Party), #6 (There's Hope) and #2 (These Eyes) are my top three favorites...in that order.

2. I sold three more of my necklaces...YAY! And I attended my very first Jewelry Show and got lots of new beads/shells/stones...so stay tuned for more pics!

3. I finished catching up on the first two seasons of Grey's Anatomy...yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm a late bloomer...but better late than never right? The cool thing is unlike most of you, I didn't have to wait a whole week to find out what happens on the next episode...I was able to watch them one right after the other! But anyway....I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. THIS. SHOW!!!!! I can relate VERY much to one character in particular (I'll leave you in suspense on that one...LOL). Needless to say, I cannot wait until September when Season Three begins!

4. I got pissy drunk (and when I say pissy I mean "P" to the "I" to the "S-S-Y") with two of my sister-girlfriends this past Saturday night. It is both a blessing and a curse to have a really good rapport with a really great bartender at a really cool spot. The night was full of strong drinks, tasty appetizers, sexy secrets and lots of laughter! There's nothing like a girls night out!

5. Provided that I can rearrange my work schedule, I will be taking erotic dancing/polercize lessons at the end of the month with one of my girlfriends and the members of her book club. So my future "McDreamy" (for my fellow Grey's Anatomy fans...and that is MINUS the spouse) BETTER. GET. READY!!!! LOL!

6. I may have turned someone off by virtue of misinterpreted semantics. This person is someone that I really, really dig and that I hope knows I meant NO HARM at all. But...if for some reason this person doesn't hold our very short lived friendship in the same regard...I, like I commented on someone's blog recently, will keep in mind the following quote: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

7. Still looking for a full time gig. Still trying not to stay discouraged (because the reality is that in situations like this you DO get discouraged...you just can't wallow in it).

8. I have to meet with my "soon-to-be-ex-husband" tomorrow. We've only seen each other in person for about 3 minutes since I left our apartment back in January. That meeting was weird, but not totally stomach turning. I hope tomorrow's will be just as tolerable. Pray for me y'all.

9. My Mom called me a couple days ago to tell me that she has been having strange chest pains and that she has an appointment to see the cardiologist. I'm praying that there is nothing seriously wrong with her...I just don't think I would be able to handle it. There is a part of me that wants to act like I never got that call...but the other part of me realizes that it's not about me, how I feel or what I can handle...it's about my Mom, how she feels and what she'll be able to handle. I must call her tomorrow to check in.

10. I am a reality show junkie and cannot be happier that "Run's House" and "Making the Band" are back!!! And yes...I am VERY serious! So Thursday night has become my favorite TV night. Pathetic, I know, but HIGHLY entertaining!

11. I actually haven't logged on to Blogger in over three days (which is a long time for me), so needless to say I have missed you all dearly and have to catch up on the "goings on" of your lives. I hope you all are well and that you enjoyed your 4th of July holiday!

That's all folks! Nothing too crazy...nothing too dry and boring...just a little glimpse of what is called "my life".

16 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger TTD said...

congrats on the sales! my 2 favorite reality shows are 'deal or no deal' and 'so you think you can dance' THAT's IT!

11 whole days.. tisk, tisk, tisk
:-)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Lāā said...

Welcome back! I used to love reality shows but when every network had one I started being selective in my viewing. I do love Run's House although sometimes I wonder if it's scripted because it doesn't always seem real.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I love Runs House....his wife cracked me up when she was holding up the baby clothes trying to make them "talk".

I'm going to have to get that CD I have heard from others that it's good. Hope your mom is ok and that meeting goes well

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: Thanks! And I got more of the crosses, so I can make that necklace for you if you still want it. Hit me up at jewelyn-dc@hotmail.com if you are still interested.

@ Laa: Yeah, the networks are overloaded with reality shows, but there are some that I will always watch. And you are right...a lot of them do seems scripted at times, including Run's House.

@ Honey: Thanks for stopping by the site. Jus MAKES the show...she has me rollin' EVERY week! And yes...you MUST go get the CD...it's well worth it!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger chele said...

Girl, I'm listening to India right now! I bought the CD the day it came out and haven't stopped. I love her.

Congrats on the sales. Maybe one day that will be your full time gig.

Grey's Anatomy is switching to Thursday nights this season, which good because it'll be on at 9:00 but bad because that's the night of my dance class ... I'll have to figure out the DVR thing ... cause I cannot miss my show!

Those first few meetings with my ex were the worst when I was going through my divorce. He always had this puppy dog look on his face and I just wanted to smack him. Thankfully, I refrained.

Your mom is in my prayers.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Chele: Yes, India is doin' the damn thang! Thanks for your support...it sure would be nice if I could do the jewelry thing full time...that is in my prayers each night! I heard about the night/time switch for Grey's, so everyone knows where I will be on Thursday nights at 9PM (so don't call...LOL). DVRs are pretty simple to use, so you should be fine. Yeah, my ex gave me the puppy dog look and the "I've been thinking of you" line the last time. I, too, practiced retraint...LOL. And thank you for your prayers...they are always welcomed!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

I love India new CD too!

I love Grey's Anatomy as well. I can't wait for the new season!

We missed you too!

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know #4 had me dying!!! Good friends, good food, good times... you can't ask for too much more.
Good luck w/that meeting and you know your mom is in my prayers.

Luv ya,
xoxoxoxo
Neq

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Luvin: Awww...it's so nice to be missed :)...and I knew I liked you for a reason...India and Grey's fan...you're all right with me!

@ Neq: Ummmmmmm...no words...no words...LOL! Thanks for your prayers Love!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

now i'm jealous...u are doing something u like doing and making money....kudos...congrats on your sales...now i have to find something...that india is that good huh?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Sarccastik: Thanks and please don't be jealous...the money isn't flowin' in like that...atleast not yet :o) I'm a HUGE India.Arie fan, so yeah...the ablum is LIKE THAT for me. Definitely worth checkin' it out! Let me know what you think if/when you do.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said...

India is in heavy rotation for me too. Congrats on selling more necklaces.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ T.Cas: Thanks!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm diggin the '11' that's hot
I'm a reality junkie myself...I thought I was the only one concerend with Making the band (Dainty Kane WTF?)

Hit me back when you can...you DEFINTELY should sign up on the Messageboard:

http://eclectikrelaxation.com/MessageBoard/

Eclectik.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

ooh ooh ooh...India lawd India - thank the Lord for India!!! Wings of Forgiveness, Private Party, India's Song, There's Hope, the other Forgiveness song bout Nelson Mandela and Better People are on REPEAT! And my oldest requests Private Party :)

Grey's Anatomy...chile welcome to the party!!! I still can't think bout Denny dying without crying :(

I hope the meeting went well.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Soulfull said...

Joe! I can so relate to #10! It's practically the only night I make it a point to sit in front of the TV! Congrats on the sales and hope Mom is okay!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home