Thursday, July 13, 2006

Some Fun Facts

The following list was sent to me via e-mail by a friend of mine. Since my mind is racing in so many different directions and I'm not sure that I can get my thoughts together, I thought I would just post this rather than nothing at all. I usually find these "fun facts" to be quite entertaining when I read ones that are similar on other people's blogs. Here is my attempt at entertaining you...

*** DARBS' FUN FACTS ***


1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING?
Yes

2. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP?
5 years


3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED?
A CD

4. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE?
Too many times


5. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU PLAYED TRUTH OR DARE?
Junior High

6. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON?
Beads and Books

7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE?
Beef patty & coco bread

8. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Eyes

9. SOME FAVORITE SONGS?
Way, way, way too many to name

10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
Maryland...just outside Washington, DC

11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED:
Somerville High School

12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:
Nextel...unfortunately

13. FAVORITE MALL STORE:
Macy's

14. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE?
No

15. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?
No...but I did when I was younger...before Caller ID and *69

16. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY:
My mother...definitely

17. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIENDS:
Some daily...for the couple of others, sadly, it's been months...years even.


18. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT:
Roy Rogers

19. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD:
I love you

20. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS?
The kitchen table...their's or mine...there is nothing like the comfort of home with good food and good friends.

21. CAN YOU COOK?
Yes..I make mean fried turkey chops, baked macaroni & cheese and lasagna

22. WHERE'S 25 DOUCHE?
I have NO IDEA what this question means...am I a loser???

23. BEST KISSER:
Me :o)

24. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?:
On the outside...two days ago. On the inside...daily.

25. MOST DISLIKED FOODS:
Eclairs...I hate that stuff in the middle.

26. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
My heart

27. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
My weight

28. CAN YOU SING?
Sometimes

29. LAST KISS?
May 30th...so sad that I can give an exact date

30. LAST MOVIE WATCHED:
Must Love Dogs


31. ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT:
Lip Gloss

32. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT:
The Carribean

33. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?:
Both...the desktop is mine, the laptop is borrowed.


34. FAVORITE COMEDIAN?:
Chris Rock

35. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES?
Depends

36. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT?
Physically...no one In my dreams...it all depends.

37. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?
Yes...but not for long

38. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST?
French Toast

39. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?
Absolutely!

40. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?
Scrambled hard with cheese

41. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?
Hard to say...strangely enough, it's usually pretty accurate. It's definitely entertaining.


42. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My friend "G"

43. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?:
My sister

44. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED?:
"Good morning" from my first love who is now one of my very good friends.

45. NUMBER OF PILLOWS?:
Now...one. Usually...four.

46. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?:
Gauchos and a t-shirt

47. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC
See my last post

48. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?
Grape

49. CAN YOU PLAY POOL?
Yes...but I'm not THAT great.

50. CAN YOU SWIM?
Yes...I do better under than over.

51. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Breyer's Coffee

52. DO YOU LIKE MAPS?
I guess...if I'm lost.

53. TELL ME A FEW RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF:
I have two tattoos
I graduated with honors from Howard University
I am very often misunderstood

54. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON:
Autumn...cool & crisp air, sweaters, trees sprinkled with my favorite color (orange) and comfort food.


55. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID?
Today


56. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING ?
For good? 8AM.


57. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?
The silence right after a heavy snow fall/storm.


58. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH:
Yes...but I'm getting over it.

59. WHAT IS THE FIRST LETTER IN UR CRUSHES NAME:
I'm trying to get over it...words (and even letters) are powerful, so I plead the 5th on this one.

60. DO YOU THINK SEX IS COOL OR OVERRATED:
Depends on who it's with...but most times it's VERY cool.

61. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?
Working

62. WHAT IS YOUR BIRTHDATE?
January 26, 1976

63. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE:
At peace...Happy...and Truly Loved.

64. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP?:
Yes

65. ARE YOU SMILING?:
Nope


66. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW:
Without a doubt

67. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Africa...Ethiopia to be specific

68. ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL?
LOL...no


69. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME:
Right now I'm diggin' "Savannah"

70. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT?:
Turquoise, Navy & White

71. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST?:
My Alma Mater does

72. LATEST INJURY?:
Hurt feelings

73. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER:
Yes, four to be exact

74. ARE YOU UPSTAIRS?:
Yes

75. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL?
Yes...but not overnight

76. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE in PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW?
If I'm honest...yes.

77. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING?
None...I take it off as soon as I get in the house

78. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY?
Catch up on some more blogs.


So...how did I do? Straightforward, I know, but hopefully atleast a wee bit interesting. And if it wasn't, just humor me...did you read #65...a sistah needs to smile...LOL!

17 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of social dynamic quiz things make me edgey. So much can learned if you take enough of them. Cute though. I didn't know you went to Howard! I grew up just block from Howard off North Capital just on the other side of the resevoir and could see the clock tower everyday and hear the band when they practiced! Small world!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Michel: Funny...they make me edgy too! If I'm honest, *whispering* these weren't all the questions...LOL. Ya gotta keep SOME things to yourself!

Yes...it is a VERY small world. I went to Howard from '94-'98...the ABSOLUTE best four years of my life!!! And...at the same time I fell in love with the city...that's why I'm back in the area :) You would be SHOCKED at how much DC has changed...is your family still here?

So nice to hear from you...I was wondering where you went! Are you still in Finland?

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Sunshine... you do need to smile! And I don't want you to cry inside daily. That one hurt my heart :( I know you're going through a lot and I cannot necessarily relate to your pain, but I know that you know I'm ALWAYS here for you and I LOVE YOU!! So yes, you are truly loved... by MANY actually. But the true love that you are looking for will come to you when God believes you are ready to receive it, know it and appreciate it. It will be better than anything you've ever experienced! :)

Don't make me have to come to MD and straighten you out... you know I don't F with Yones! (lmao)

-Neq

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool list!!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

4 sisters ...jeez...was there a lot of fighting when ya'll were little....wow 4 sisters....

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Soulfull said...

Hey Darbs! You know I almost fell out on the floor when you said Savannah! OMG! My husband and I (well, maybe more me) were just talking about trying to have a little girl. You know that's going to be her middle name right... LOL! I love that name.. At any rate, this was a really interesting list, but I hope you do start to feel better girlie! ::HUGS::

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Neq: Leave it to you to make me cry AGAIN!!! And then LMAO (Yones really messed you up girl...LOL). Simply stated...I love you and thank God for you!

@ MzNewAgenda: Thanks!

@ Sarccastik: Weeelll...actually I only lived with three of them (so there were four girls in the house...five including my Mom). My other sister I have never met...VERY long story. And yes...there were many fights...but there was a lot more love. Most times is was like having a slumber party every day of the week!

@ Nikki: When I get my own crib and if you are ever up this way...you have an open invitation!

@ Soulfull: HEY YOU!!!! So good to hear from you and to know you are doing well! So you're thinking about trying for a little Soulfull? That's wonderful...I'll be praying for you guys. And I don't know what it is about that name, but for the past 6 months or so I have really been feelin' it...we'll see what happens when it's time for me to have my own...LOL.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger TTD said...

how was "must love dogs"? i think i want to see that

and how can you not like eclairs? the custard is great!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Darbs: Mom is still in the same house!And I'm still in Finland till the end of August at which time I'll be moving back to the States...San Francisco...but a visit to DC and family us in order first. I worked a couple of years on load to the Washington Post so nothing about DC surprises me!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: "Must Love Dogs" was really cute so you'll definitely have to check it out. And nope...can't do the eclairs...and it's not even just the custard...I don't like the taste of the pastry...and I'm a pastry lovin' kinda girl.

@ Michel: Well...you'll definitely have to let me know if/when you come back to visit!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

I came by yesterday but didn't read all cause I had to give it my undivided attention. I'm back!!
The very first time I ever came here your post got me...it was the one bout seeing someone from your past and being embarrased about where you are now. That post stayed with me cause your writing is so honest.
The way you broke down last time you cried....gurl!!! outside and inside.
I'm not making sense but basically wanted to tell you that we've never met but I feel connected to you and feel like in your presence I can be myself and say anything!!!

From one music lover to another, a link for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ1MNF4SdMk

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mwabi: It is definitely crazy how well you've gotten to know me. THIS SONG IS THE HOTNESS!!! Thank you for sending it my way...I'm putting that in heavy rotation :) Your post, this song, the video...all of it brought a tear to my eye this morning. It's not just anyone who can bring me to tears (especially the cathartic kind). That's why I am convinced that our spirits/souls are kindred.......thank you!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

AWWWW. Smile! I know it's easier said than done but you can do it!

I know there has to be at least one thing or one person that has the ability to bring a small to your face with just a thought...

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

awww...girl email me cause I got music for you!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

favorite foods...holla back!!!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Having four sisters must be fun...
57. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?
The silence right after a heavy snow fall/storm.

58. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH:
Yes...but I'm getting over it.

Those are my favorites, great post

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

I'm loving your list!!!
as a matter of fact... I like it so much- I'mma steal it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home