Monday, July 31, 2006

Standing

Even though I was taught this lesson some time ago, sometimes I forget that there comes a time when you just have to be still. I've been trying to be in "still" mode for the past week or so...some days I've been successful, others...not so much. I know many of you have been wondering where I've been...and that means so much to me (Mwabi, you know I love you girl!). The fact that I was able to even post these lyrics and this short message is proof that I am going to make it through...not that I ever REALLY doubt that.

I've told myself that I have to ease up on posting lyrics, but these were "given" to me tonight...placed very heavily on my heart...so I had to share them with you...be encouraged!

***
STAND
by. Donnie Mcclurkin

What do you do when you've done all you can
And it seems like it's never enough
And what do you say when your friends turn away
And you're all alone
Tell me what do you give when you've given your all
And it seems like you can't make it through
Well you just stand, when there's nothing left to do
You just stand, watch the Lord see you through
Yes after you've done all you can, you just stand

Tell me how do you handle the guilt of your past
Tell me how do you deal with the shame
And how can you smile while your heart has been broken
And filled with pain filled with pain
Tell me what do you give when you've given your all
And it seems like you can't make it through
Child you just stand when there's nothing left to do
You just stand watch the Lord see you through
Yes after you've done all you can, you just stand

(Stand) and be sure (and be sure)
Be not entangled in that bondage again, you just stand
(Stand) and endure (and endure)
For God has a purpose yes God has a plan, tell me
(What do you do) When you've done all you can
And it seems like you can't make it through
Child you just...stand (stand) you just stand (stand) stand (stand)
Don't you dare give up (you just)

Through the storm (stand)
Stand through the rain (stand)
Through the hurt (stand)
Yeah through the pain (you just)

Don't you bow (stand) and don't you bend (stand)
Don't give up (stand) no don't give in (you just)
Hold on (stand) , just be strong (stand)
God will step in (stand), it won't be long no no no(you just)

After you've done all you can (after you've done all you can)
After you've done all you can (after you've done all you can)
After you've gone through the hurt (after you've done all you can)
After you've gone through the pain oh my (after you've done all you can)
After you've gone through the storm (after you've done all you can)
After you've gone through the rain (after you've done all you can)

Prayed and cried
After you've done all you can....you just ...
Stand.
***

Blessings!


12 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

sounds pretty good...i haven't heard that from dmcclurkin yet...

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Shug said...

Hey Darbs. Glad to hear you are ok. Keep your head up. It can only get better.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger chele said...

I love this song and ironically I fall to my knees each time ... be blessed.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Mocha said...

Hey Darbs!

I love this song. Whatever your beliefs are, it's a song that encourages strength, and to always have faith that things will get better.

Thanks for reminding us...I needed that today ;)

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Soulfull said...

Be blessed Darbs and I appreciate the lyrics, this is one of my favorite songs...

::Hugs::

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this song...but something about seeing the lyrics and really reading the lyrics just had a sista balling like a big baby...I guess I need to just ....Stand......

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Sarccastik: This is one of his older songs...I believe. You definitely have to check it out!

@ Shug: I'm trying...thanks!

@ Nikki: That exactly what I'm doing...that's all I can do!

@ Chele: Doesn't it just send chills up your spine. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

@ Mocha: Glad that I could provide some inspiration...and you are absolutely right about this song's message!

@ Soulfull: Thanks...and (((hugs))) back to you! How have you been feeling?

@ MzNewAgenda: This song is very moving...very powerful. I was crying myself when I posted it!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

girl...your strength comes thru your page everytime I visit. I know we have rough days...all of us but you gotta look deep within and know that you can get through anything.
I have to make you a CD.

Love ya Sis and know that I think of you all the time. I heard Unwritten the other day and was singing along thinking of you :)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Dennis Bourne said...

"Still" is tough, I definitely understand. Do what you got to do to get it done. God's got a purpose and you're going to come out better on the other side of still mode.

God bless,
Dennis

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger TTD said...

i love donnie mcclurkin & i love this song... i need to stand still sometimes!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

I love that song...

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

I'm worried about you - email me when you get a chance.

nyakaira@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home