Thursday, July 06, 2006

With Sympathy...

I write this post in honor of a very dear friend and her family who, on Sunday, lost a brother...a son...a husband...a father.

In the midst of fretting over the valleys that have been carved into my life, I received a phone call informing me that my friend's brother had died....way too young, way too soon. I immediately had a flashback...a moment of deja vu...taking me back 10 years when I received a similar phone call, relating to this same friend, announcing the death of her brother who was on that ill-fated flight that crashed into the Everglades.

Ten years. Two brothers. Two sons.

It's amazing just how quickly your personal trials and tribulations can become so insignificant...how quickly a lesson can be taught...a lesson of thanksgiving...of living in the moment and loving the life that is yours. For tomorrow, as I was reminded today, is not promised.

My heart, my thoughts, my love and my prayers go out to my friend and her family. I pray that God will provide the comfort that they need to get them through their time of grief.

Blessings!

9 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,
Liked reading through your blogg,I pray for your friends too,
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,love leaves a memory no one can steal.
Wish all the best
zingtrial
http://zingtrial.wordpress.com/

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Death has a way of teaching us so many lessons...

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger TTD said...

that's so sad.. 2 in 10 years....

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Zingtrial: Thanks for stopping by my spot and showin' love with a great quote! Come back again!

@ Luvin: Doesn't it? I know we are going through similar situations right now...all the best to your fiancee!

@ TTD: EXTREMELY sad!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger bRandy said...

i must admit that i checked out your blog because you had posted a comment on someone else's whose i read and i thought you were beautiful in your pic...call me vain if you must :o) but i say all of that to say that now, having read your post, i am glad i came your way...it appears you are possibly more beautiful inside than out. this was a very compassionate post for your friend. my prayers will be with her as well...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Nikki: Yes, very sad. Thank you, on behalf of my friend, for your prayers. And I agree, God's plan is perfect!

@ Brandy: Wow...you are way to kind...thank you...especially for your prayers!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

i don't even know the person but my prayers goes out to them...

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Sarccastik: That means a lot...thank you!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Soulfull said...

Aww gosh! I'm sorry to read this... sending my prayers up for you and your loved ones...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home