Sunday, October 22, 2006

When Life Hands You Beads...

...string 'em!!! (it just wouldn't be the same if I didn't hit you with corny upon my return...lol)

I'm preparing to go to the International Gem & Jewelry Show in Baltimore this morning. This will be the second time I've gone to the show...I went to my first about three months ago and spent an insane amount of money, relatively speaking. Today I will attempt to exhibit a bit more restraint...riiiiiiiiiight :) However, the money that I spend can be justified by the fact that I'm actually selling my pieces now...it's no longer just something to do to occupy my time.

So, in the spirit of all that is creative, I thought I'd share some of the pieces that I made while I was "away" (it's been a trade off...if I'm blogging, I do less beading...and if beading, less blogging - I must find a happy medium). Here's the latest (I'm hoping you can click on the image for a larger view):



































As always, comments are welcomed...including constructive criticism. However, keep in mind that "I'm an artist, so I'm sensitive about my **it" (10 cool points to the person who can tell me who said that line)! LOL

Okay...I must go get ready to do some damage!

Creatively...
Darbs

14 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

Ooh ooh ooh- I loveth the 2 strand ones!!!

I need a price quote on #11 and #13.

And Miss Badu aka 3000's baby mama aka Seven and Puma'a mama said that!!! LOL!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

okay...now i can' think of who said it but it was funny when i heard it...i wanna say Queen latifah? maybe not...again congratulations..i hope you can continue to go far with you hobby...(damn i need to figure out something for myself)

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mwabi: Yeah...I tend to like the multistrands a lot too. Don't cuss me out, but all of these necklaces are in NYC...I shipped them to my friend last week...and #13 was already spoken for. BUT...the great thing about taking pics is that if they do get sold in NYC, I know what they looked like and I can recreate them. Oh...FYI...#11 is three strands, but #13 was one REALLY long strand...my girlfriend was able to wrap it around her neck three times.

@ Nikki: Just let me know what interests you (darbs2676@yahoo.com). OR...if you are into chunky pieces, I brought quite a few chunky stones/beads at the jewelry show, so you might want to hold off until the next "collection."

@ Sarccastik: Well, well, well...I was wondering if I would ever hear from you again. I heard through the grapevine that you moved spots, but you never let a sistah know! So glad you came to visit me again. AND...Mwabi was right...it was Erykah Badu that said that.

8:32 AM

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Mocha said...

You know I love your s#%t, every time I wear that cross I get mad compliments...seriously! I'm gonna wait until the chunky stones collection LOL, but you know you'll be getting another order from. G'head do your thing girl!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

well honey, get to recreating :)

those will be my christmas presents to myself.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Dee said...

hi,
thanks for dropping by my blog. i like the second from the top.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger sunshine said...

Nice Pieces.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mocha: Glad your still lovin' your piece! I'm thrilled!!! Chunky pieces soon come...

@ Mwabi: Yes Ma'am!!! I'll keep you posted...preferably with a phone call, right?!?!? I know...I'm triflin'! LOL

@ God's Child: My pleasure. I'll be back!

@ TJean: Thanks...and thanks for stopping by!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Shana said...

I love your creations . . . I'm sure you have a lot of customers!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them all! Welcome back!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger TTD said...

looking good as usual.. and I WANT ONE!!!! :-)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Shana: Thanks for visiting my blog!

@ MzNewAgenda: Thank you...I'm thrilled to be back!

@ TTD: You are too kind :o) And have I ever told you how crazy your city is?!?!?! LOL

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooo Pretty! You KNOW I love jewelry!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Creole: Thanks Lady...I remember :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home