Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Looooooove her...think she kinda looks like me sans the turkey since I won't be cooking this year)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. Waking up in the morning to the smell of turkey and stuffing, cozying up on the couch to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, taking trips down memory lane with family and friends, all that good eatin', nodding off to the sounds of football...it has always been a comforting holiday for me.

I wish all of you, and your families, a very Happy (and yummy) Thanksgiving! Whether you go around the table aloud or you silently reflect, I hope that you will consider all of the many things you have to be thankful for...and don't forget about the simple things! I know there are many of us with really big hopes and dreams that have not yet come to fruition, but I encourage you to still give thanks for what you DO have. A roof over your head, food on your table, clothing on your back, supportive family, good friends, your J-O-B (that will be number one on my list this year)...these are things that so many people don't have, and that so many of us take for granted.

Be thankful and enjoy!

12 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still eatin'. :)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mwabi: Hope your Thanksgiving was very Happy!

@ Creole: Me too :) So sad...so sad...LOL!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

I hope that was your last Black Friday to work EVER with the new job and all :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

I miss all the traditions. Tday is the holiday that makes me "feel" the most that I am far away from so many friends and family. I hope you had a great day and thank you for reminding us all that the simple things are what count, I am in total agreement.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Mocha said...

Congrats on the job, and I hope you had a lovely thanksgiving

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

so, how was the first day on the new job?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

okay...i've changed my website from
http://sarccastikenterprises....back to http://sarccastikisback.blogspot.com

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

oh and congrats on the job...

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well? How's the new j-o-b? I guess busy since you've been MIA for a minute. But...I'm glad you have a good reason!

Smooches and hope all is well!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger TTD said...

new job got you working hard, huh? where you at girly? we want an update about the new gig :-)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Everyone: Thanks for hangin' in there with me...I'm back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home