Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Move Over Melanie Griffith...

I'm the new Working Girl!!!!!!

I got the job!

My second interview on Friday ended up being a review of my personality/professional profile and a formal offering of the position as Conference & Events Associate! After we worked out the particulars with the staffing agency it was a done deal. The money isn't exactly what I would have wanted, but the benefits are great and I get to travel again - so that makes up for it. I also prepared for a pay cut since I'm making a career transition, so that lessened the blow a bit. And the reality is that what I'm being offered is A LOT more than what I have been making the past 13+ months with my part time retail gig.

Bottom line: God is Good!!! I have received the answer to my prayer and I feel extremely blessed by what I have been offered!!!

My manager is on vacation this entire week, so I start on Monday. It was nice to have a week to reflect and give thanks (perfect timing, huh?) Initially I was going to post my good news immediately, but I thought I would allow myself time with my own thoughts.

So...now I'll be on the search for my own place in DC!!! It'll probably have to be a studio or a very affordable one bedroom to start. I've looked online to get a feel for what my options might be once I save up enough. I have found a couple places I'll want to check out...but I'm also taking recommendations if anyone knows of any good spots.

I would be remiss if I didn't, again, thank all of you for your support, advice and prayers. It made all of the difference in the world...gave me different perspectives to consider, picked me up on days when I was down and offered reassurance when I wasn't totally sure. This has been one of the toughest legs of my Journey and I'm glad that I had you all by my side!

There has also been a Smokie Norful song that I have been playing throughout this recent interviewing process...I'll share a bit of it with you as you never know who might be in need of a bit of inspiration:

I've had sins
And I've had pain
My heart has been broken
And my life has been strained
But in spite of everything I've been through
I still gotta say thank you

I've been up
And I've been down
Had my life turn, turn, turn
Completely around
But in spite of everything I've been through
I still... I gotta say thank you

Thank you... Thank you

For your many blessings (For your blessings)
In spite of my mess (In spite of my mess)
Lord, you looked down and you blessed me (For Your blessings)
Even in the midst of my test (In the midst of my test)
In spite of everything I've been through
I still gotta say thank you

Still Say, Thank You - Smokie Norful


Blessings!

10 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger TTD said...

CONGRATS!!!!

and

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS! I'm soooooooooooooo proud of you Chica. Man...things are looking up aren't they? Wow...Yo da shiznik!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ TTD: Thank you so much...and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

@ Creole: Yes, things are definitely beginning to look up and I'm so greatful! Thank you for all of your support and have a very Happy Turkey Day!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you travel this way :)

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Will: Thank you very much!!! You are right, this was definitely perfect timing. My holidays will be much brighter!

@ Mwabi: Thanks Girlie...and you know I'll be making my way out there as soon as I can!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Blessings, blessings! You know I stopped by just cuz I was thinking of you and wondering if you had any news on this. My heart is smiling for you! ENJOY that great "I-got-the-job" feeling.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

Congrats on the new job Miss Darby!!!

I am soooo happy for you and proud of you
for having faith and believing God would come
through for you- even when the situation LOOKED
crazy!
Ain't God good girl!!??!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Shelley: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It's been three weeks and I'm still enjoying the feeling!

@ Sangin: Yes He is!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home