Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life

...is good y'all. Life is really, really good.

Forgive me for my fall back into oblivion. Do I even need to share my excuse? Okay...I will...I got a J-O-B!!!! I just love saying that! Please don't take that as bragging, though - that's so not my style. I'm just sharing my blessings!

I'm coming into the end of my third week of work and I must say that I am really enjoying the new gig. Whether it's because I haven't worked in a minute (a very loooooong minute), or because I'm happy with my position/responsibilites...I'm not sure. And, quite frankly, I don't really care. The bottom line is that I am thrilled to be there and, from what I can tell, they are thrilled to have me. And I'm gonna ride this thrill until the wheels fall off!

So for those of you who left your well wishes and have inquired about how things are going...know that all is well. My commute is relatively simple (thanks in HUGE part to the graciousness of my best friend who gets up to drive me to the Metro every morning and is there to pick me up every night), I work with a really great group of people and just within these three short weeks I already have a handful of new knowledge/experience/abilities to add to my resume! And I don't say that because I'm planning on making a professional move any time soon, but because from now on...both professionally and personally...it's all about growth. Upward movement.

I must say that I have joined the organization at its busiest time of year, especially for my department. But, I would much rather it be this way..."baptism by fire"...if I can make it through this busy season, the rest of the year should be a breeze. And I do get a reprive having our "holiday leave" spanning from December 23 through January 2. How sweet is that? All companies should make this a mandate, in my opinion.

So again I say: Life is good! Sure...there is always desire and opportunity for it to be great, but considering what I have been dealing with...I'll take good with pleasure!!!

I mean, don't get me wrong...my Journey is nowhere near being void of drama. However, with the awesome sense of peace that I feel these days, I'm learning how to deal with and overcome the drama much better than I have in recent years.

Humbly, I ask that you continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Next, on my list of "to do's" is finalizing my divorce and finding an apartment in DC. Send them up for me family...because I know, without a shadow of doubt, that your good thoughts and prayers in the past have contributed to my present! Many, many thanks!

Now that I have given you the long overdue update, I'm going to chill out before I call it a night. I must hand it to all of you working bloggers...this ain't easy. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on...after I'm done reacquainting myself with full-time work.

It better...cause I don't know what I would do without ya!


21 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

I was coming over here to say I guess we'll just get a Merry Christmas post and to my surprise, we have a new post. Yay!!!

I'm so glad the new job is going well. I can tell from your post that things are CALM and PEACEFUL around your way.

And I know that you're on the Up and Up girl!!!!

Yes, all about growth....

Love ya!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger TTD said...

glad you like your job!!! that will make the growth process a lot easier for you!

December 23 through January 2???? i wish!!! yes i think all jobs should make that a mandate too!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mwabi: I wouldn't leave y'all hangin' until Christmas...glad to have provided a pleasant surprise. And yes...calm and peace are all around me!

@ TTD: Thank you! Yes girl, isn't that holiday break something? Gotta love it.

@ Nikki: LOL...I guess I'm going to have to put the word verification on my blog. I had another one of those crazy comments in my last post. MESS! Did you actually read that???

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SMOOCHES DARBS BABY!

Not everyone can say they like their job as much as you seem to so I hope you note how HUGE a blessing that is. I am sooooooooooo proud of you mama! Keep shining!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Shai said...

Hello, this is my second time on your blog. May I ask how long you were off work? It is a blessing for you to get back to working.

I have been laid off for almost 8 months.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Wow, great news. I've been keeping you in my thoughts and hoping your new job was going well. Share the joy! In life we are taught not to "brag" like you say, I guess for fear that people will envy us, but I think everyone should celebrate their successes more often and be sincerely proud of each other--God knows we all have our troubles so when good moments come along and we feel at peace, I say: share it!! I'm also glad your friend is giving you a ride after what happened with the car.

Congrats again and Happy Happy Holidays, or as we say around here: BUONE FESTE!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger TDJ said...

New to your blog. Congrats on your new job. Enjoy your "holiday leave".

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

congratulations! i need to catch up...

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Shug said...

I've been ghost for a little while but congrats on the new job! I'm glad you are enjoying it.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Lāā said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

I'm glad things are going well for you!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Creole: Thanks and SMOOCHES right back to ya! Today was a rough day...but I must say I'm still lovin' it!

@Shai: I was out of full time work for about 13 months. I was working retail part time for 9 of those months and continue to do so on the weekends. I totally understand where you are and what you are going through. Stay positive, remain focused...but also let yourself feel all of the emotions that come with being out of work. Just don't dwell on them, because it will drain you of all the energy you need to job hunt! Be encouraged!

@ Shelley: I'm a big believe in sharing good news...it lifts your spirits and can, many times, give hope and inspiration to others. Thank you for all of your positive thoughts! And, yes, I am very blessed to have the friends that I do!

Happy Holidays!

@ TDJ: Thank you and WELCOME...I hope you visit again soon!

@ Traci: Many thanks...I have A LOT of catching up to do too...it's been a while since I've tortured myself with your photos...LOL. Ciao!

@ Shug: I hope all is well...good to have you back! Thank you!

@ Laa: Thanks Girl!

@ Luvin: Appreciate it!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!! I know how that feels to be excited about being employed! =)

Happy Holidays!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

Merry Christmas!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS DARBS!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Mocha said...

Happy Holidays!

Hope 2007 brings peace and success for you and yours!

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say HI!! Hope all is well with you! =)

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...wanna go on a day trip with us skiing?

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

um ok, where are you? An update please :)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

hey darbs just checkin on you...

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Gunfighter said...

New here, but I am glad for you.

Blessings and peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home