Saturday, February 10, 2007

Have You Seen Her?

I'm certain that this is the song that plays when you come to my page...I'm certain of it.

Okay y'all...I gotta make this quick, cause I'm on the run - but I hate that I've been away from you for so long.

First, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (wow...it REALLY has been a minute).

Second, I'm in my own apartment!!! A very humble, studio apartment in DC, but an apartment of my own just the same (in a great neighborhood and in the city that I love...you just can't beat that). And you know what? I'm absolutely lovin' it! I would be remiss if I didn't give credit and many thanks to my best friend and her husband for "boarding" me for much longer than I'm sure they imagined. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for them. THANKS D&D...you two are my angels!! Love y'all!

Work continues to be a blessing! I am thankful every day that I walk into my office. I must admit, though, that it has been BEYOND crazy...in the "busy" sense of crazy. BUT...our Annual Convention (which is the root of the craziness) is in a couple weeks, so the calm after the storm is just around the corner. I'll actually be leaving for Vegas next Sunday and will be there for 10 days - "yea" for being able to stay in a hotel (I love hotels), "boo" for having to go to Vegas (I hate Vegas). I mean, don't get me wrong, I love an "all expenses paid" business trip, but I would much rather be some place like.....let's say, Miami. Anywhere, truthfully, but Vegas.

The soon-to-be-ex is still dishin' out the drama...but I'm on such a high and in such a good place that it doesn't even matter any more. Keep prayin' for me though...cause the "ish" ain't over yet.

Um...what else...oh...I don't have internet access in the new digs yet, but when I do, I'll be back to my regular blog self. Acutally, my original blog self...not my triflin', could be/could be not blog self that has been posing as a blogger the last couple months. Thanks for stickin' with a sistah...'preciate it!

Before I go (I'm at the office - was working OT today...AGAIN), I want each and every one of you to know that you have been in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers. Although I know nothing of what you have been going through, I hope that it hasn't been in vain and has brought you nothing but joy!

I can't wait to catch up on all the haps with my blog fam, but for now...it's off to Union Station for books and bourbon chicken!

Still here...Darbs

9 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Butta said...

Wonderful to see you back on the blog block, Darbs! So glad to hear that your journey back to joy is continuing and it sounds like you have a few things to smile about. ;)

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

do my eyes deceive me? Is this ready a new post? Oh my goodness, I'm speechless. LOL. Glad you're doing well and have an apartment. YAY!!!
Looking forward to having you back in blogland.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

MISSED YA!! Good for you on all your accomplishments. I can FEEL the positivity coming through my screen. Yay! Don't let the drama get you, argh, been there, done that... rise above it, it's not worth your time!
Enjoy some bourbon chicken for me.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there; Life sounds good for you. This is Michel, now returned from Finland and finally getting settled in Portland. Hope to catch up on all your back- posts soon. Until then, keep on keeping on!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Shug said...

DARBS!!! Glad you're back!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Will said...

Who's this, now? :)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

See? I knew there was a reason for not letting go and taking your link off. Glad to see you back. Hope you're up and running again real soon.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

Hey Darbs!
Glad to hear you are doing well.
I haven't blogged in forever either so no
flack from me!! I'm praying for you and
wishing you well.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger CreoleInDC said...

I'm mad at you. All this goings on and not even a hey what's up come see the new spot or nuttin. HUMPH.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home