Friday, April 06, 2007

Just Plain Ol' Tired

It's official...I need a vacation. Although part of me thinks I don't deserve one since I was semi-unemployed for 13 months...but that just might be all the more reason to take one.

Today our office closed at 1pm to give us a jump start on the holiday weekend. Nice, right? I guess...if your NOT me. Why was I the last one in the office and didn't leave until 6:30pm? So not cool. AND...to top it all off...an issue from my work week from hell (see two posts ago) resurfaced which made matters that much worse. I'm hoping that I defused it enough that it's not going to be a huge issue on Monday.

"Somebody saaaaaaave me...I don't care how you do it, just saaaaaaaave me!"

I know this is a test of some sort...it just has to be. I just wish is wasn't a "pop quiz" and I sure as hell hope I pass!

Today is GOOD Friday, right? *humph*

It would be nice if I had something fun planned for the weekend...maybe cocktails with the girls or a day of shopping and a movie...but nope, I'll be organizing and cleaning ALL weekend because this is the very first weekend (since I've moved) that I have absolutely nothing that HAS to be done and nowhere I HAVE to be. And as the huge pile of clothes, magazines, books, etc. isn't going to magically remove itself from my floor - it looks like I'm going to have to be the one to do it. That's the one bad thing about living by yourself...things can take a bit longer to return back to their rightful place.

"Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly..."

6 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

www.simplypleasurabletravel.com

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Angel said...

Looks like you need some "Angel Love!" Muah! Remember, things can always be worse and for many, many people...they are. Hang in there and have a GREAT weekend!

Keep it positive ma!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

unacceptable! Being all up in the office 5 hrs later than you were supposed to! Do you need me to come GET some people and tell them who you are?!
LOL!
Did I make you smile :)

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger CreoleInDC said...

So what did you do Chica?

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger The G Perspective said...

Whatever happened to you visiting New Orleans? All this vacation talk and no plans...

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Intimate: Thanks for the link...I'm gonna have to check that out!

@ Mwabi: You ALWAYS make me smile...that's a given.

@ Nikki: Thanks...hope you did as well.

@ Creole: Chile...at this point I can't even remember! What ya been up to? Thought you had gone AWOL on me. Smooches!

@ G: Hey You! I'm gonna get down to the NO...and when I do you'll be the first person that I call!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home