Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Moving Right Along

Week From Hell (exit stage left).

And...scene!

I'm so over last week's drama that I won't even dignify it with a play-by-play. I'll just say that I initiated a "make nice" with my manager late last week. Now all is well and back to normal...."can't knock the hustle" (have I ever told you how much "I heart" Jay-Z???)

So today my thoughts are all over the place. No real rhyme or reason...just thoughts.

Share? I thought you'd never ask...

~John Legend and Corinne Bailey Rae are going to be in concert at the end of this month. The show is in Columbia, MD. It's times like these (which don't happen very often I'm happy to report) that I miss having my car. On the flip side, however, John Mayer will be in concert at the Verizon Center (conveniently accessible by Metro) at the end of July. In addition to that, Eric Roberson will be appearing once again at the 9:30 club (also Metro accessible). My girl
Butta introduced me to Eric Roberson. If you too would like an introduction, read this post. The brotha's got talent! Thanks for the intro Butta...think I might have to put that concert on my To Do list.

~ Why is it that when you don't need/want something, that "thing" is everywhere you turn? But when you need/want it? Nowhere to be found! I'm trying to find a loveseat for the spot...something basic...not too bulky, yet comfortable - and preferably in the brown family...chocolate brown to be exact, but I'm flexible. There was a time when I saw them EVERYWHERE, now...not so much. If you happen to come across a cute one, send the info my way!

~ My highschool sweetheart is soooooooo my soul mate. Maybe not my life mate...but most DEFINITELY my soul mate. He gets me...and I like that. He loved me the most...and I love him for that. Maybe next lifetime...

~ The past couple days of the most beautiful spring weather has been an absolute tease! It'll be sweater weather for the balance of the week. For real, I'm no longer amused...lol (but not really).

~ I'm currently reading "Small Island" by Andrea Levy with "A Hungry Heart" by Gordon Parks on deck. Fictionally speaking, though, my most favorite book of all time is "Seasons of Beento Blackbird" by Akosua Busia. A must read!

~ Within the last decade, companies and corporations have been hitting the nail on the head with the song choices for their commercials. I just saw the Diet Coke commercial that uses the song "What'll I Do." Love it!

~ And speaking of music and song, does Melinda Doolittle have you in awe each week like she does me? Just amazing! Hey Shelley...do you guys get American Idol in Italy? Just another random thought that popped into my head. Wait...American Idol...Italy...American Idol...Italy - was that a dumb question?

~ I miss my Mom...she needs to come visit pronto! Her birthday is very soon. I'm so blessed that God continues to share her with me! She is my everything.

~ I just paid $35.00 for a prescription...and that was AFTER insurance. God bless the uninsured...seriously...something is really, really wrong.

~ Someone on my floor is cooking with curry...smells delicious...I haven't eaten dinner yet. Clearly I should go do that cause I'm contemplating knocking on a stranger's door and asking for a plate!

Guess it's 'bout time for an intermission...

4 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Butta said...

Hey Darbs! I'm glad that I could hip you to Eric Roberson. That is a joy to hear! And if you know like I know, you'll be at that show at the 930 Club come May 5th. You already know I'll be in the house. We should mos def hook up.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger TDJ said...

I heart Jigga too! *lol* It's the swagger Darbs. He's not the cutest, but he can rock an outfit and he just carries himself with so much confidence.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

To be got, ain't that what it is all about?

Ditto to the uninsured...moi! sadness all around.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I make friends for food...you better get on it Missy!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@Butta: We might just have to do that...I'll be in touch...let me know when if/when/how you're going to get your tickets.

@TDJ: And he's actually really nice. I met him once...and took a pic. He even made me take a second one because he didn't think the first one would come out!

@Mwabi: You are too much girl...friends for food...LOL. Has a nice ring to it...wonder what kind of business ideas could come from that. You heard it here first! *** (opening new tab to do a google search...lol) ***

 

Post a Comment

<< Home