Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'm Going Back to Cali...Cali...Cali...

Ladies most DEFINITELY Love Cool James! Wow...what a blast from the past.

Unfortunately, this post has nothing to do with LL's late 80's hit though...sorry.

Part of the new responsiblities that came with my promotion is that I would be taking over some of our smaller meetings throughout the year - while our Senior Director of Meetings would focus on the larger meetings. I found out today that I'm being thrown into the fire and will be managing my first solo meeting this month...and it's in Newport Beach, CA (Orange County) - which is only a hop, skip and a jump from LA!

This isn't only exciting because of the opportunity that it presents for me to prove myself, but also because I can extend my stay and take a mini vacation on my company's dime (well...the airfare atleast...but that's all I need with all the friends that I have in LA). I immediately called my dearest friend in LA (her family graciously and lovingly "adopted" me while I was living in LA so she is like a sister to me) to tell her the good news. She'll be in town (and will host me during my stay) that weekend and I CANNOT wait to see her! I plan on coming home SUPER exhausted with all that I have running through my mind to pack into that weekend. Although what will probably end up happening is that her aunt will cook (throw down, rather), we'll drink wine, reminisce on old times and laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh...cause that's what we do!

With all of the misery that I endured while I lived there, it is amazing that I can be THIS excited to go back...and I'm glad that I am! Thank you Journey...THANK YOU!

"Her bikini - small; heels - tall, she said she liked the ocean..."

13 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love LA!!! Have a great time.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger TDJ said...

I've never been to LA, but I've always wanted to visit. Have fun lady! You deserve it.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Safa: I love it too...thanks!

@ TDJ: If you've never been it's definitely worth a visit. And I plan on having tons of fun...thank you!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

yay!! I know you and Miss Diva will have a ball!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun and goodluck with work! I've never been to Cali. Can't wait to finally go. =)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger TTD said...

have a great time.. takes pics.. and bring me back a shot glass ;-)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger dmarie said...

I thank you for your love and support and for trying to understand :)

Hope you have a wonderful time in CA! I know how happy your are to be going back with your spirit in such a great place. Go you!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Ciao Darbs! I've been away for a while and so now I am getting to catch up on everybody's blogs... the trip sounds wonderful and I hope you have (or had) a fantastic, relaxing time with your "extended family" and I hope your meeting was as chance to show everyone how talented you are!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger CreoleInDC said...

Darbs...I miss you.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tracey k in Ohio: are you ever going to start your blog again? I miss reading your "adventures!."

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been MIA for quite a while now.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Err ummmmm....when you comin' back Missy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home