Sunday, December 02, 2007

Guess Who's Back...

I AM!!!

I Am...and I cannot begin to tell you all how much you have been missed.
I Am...not sure how I'm going to bring you up to speed on what has, or has not, been happening in my life. Might just happen gradually over a series of posts.
I Am...DIVORCED as of September 17. Thank you Jesus!
I Am...still rockin' my natural 'do. It's getting so long and I haven't experimented with it that much. Still just wash and wear but I have a couple things in mind that I'd like to try.
I Am...in awe at what a difference a year makes. I just celebrated my one year anniversary at my gig. God is so good and I am so blessed.
I Am...a dancing machine y'all. Early this summer I started taking Hand Dancing lessons (a swing dance that originated in Washington, DC - similar to Chicago Steppin', West Coast Swing, what would be Boppin' in Philly, and I believe Shag in the Carolina's). I am so in love with this dance. I'm currently being groomed to be a student instructor - watch out now! This is not the last that you will hear about this...believe me. If you live in the DC area and are interested in learning, let me know.
I Am...headed to NYC for the Christmas holiday. If you remember, my company is closed the week between Christmas and New Year, so I'll be spending the majority of that time with my family in White Plains and my friends in the city. Can't wait!
I Am...realizing that it doesn't pay to dip into the recycling bin when it comes to dating - you are no longer with that person for a reason. However...there is this one that I'm convinced might be a possibility, although he kinda intimidates me...so I'm not sure how that would work out exactly.
I Am...thinking about learning to play the bass guitar. Whenever I hear a live band, I'm automatically drawn in by the bassist. I've been thinking about this for over three years now, so I'm not too convinced yet that I'll actually do it.
I Am...so needing a vacation. I didn't take one this entire year, so I'm well overdue. Some place tropical and some time soon.
I Am...reading on a regular basis again. Something about the cold weather that makes me want to stay in the bed all day and read my little heart out. My fingers, most recently, were turning the pages of Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and now I'm reading What is the What by Dave Eggers.
I Am...addicted to NetFlix. I'm late, I know...but for anyone who is a lover of movies and is not a member, I highly recommend it. So far, I've seen The Illusionist, I Think I Love my Wife, Little Miss Sunshine and Blood Diamond. I have Nine Lives now, but I haven't watched it yet. Any suggestions? I tend to like "off the beaten path/indie" flicks, so if you know of any good ones please feel free to share.
I Am...feeling really good about where I am in my Journey. Could I have a bigger place, sure. More money, definitely. A significant other, sure. But I don't, and that's fine with me :)
I Am...praying for so many, but especially for a friend that recently was sent to Baghdad on a non-military work assignment. Blessings, my friend...many, many blessings!
I Am...not going to be able to truly catch up on the goings on in the lives of the many members of my blog family, but I will try my best and hope that you are all doing well (special shout out to Creole, Harpo, Tracey K and Nikki - thanks for checkin' in on me...love ya for it).
I Am...entering the new year with a wide open mind, a stronger spirit, a joyful heart and a deeper peace within so I'm anxious to see what 2008 will bring.
I Am...sure that I am skipping over some stuff, but if I don't end this now I'm going to be late for dance class.

I Am...BACK!!!

11 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey!

How are u? I like your blog. I am originally from Nigeria hence my name ifeomaadiagwuagwu in my blog www.ifeosa.blogspot.com meaning "indestructible riches." So pls drop some comments, that is, when you pls visit my blog. Take care now. I holla!

Ifeomaadiagwuagwu.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Butta said...

Aw sooky sooky. Welcome back, girl. Glad to see you still alive and kicking.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

Ifeo: Thank you for stopping by! Always nice get to know new folks.

Butta: Thank you...it's so good to be back...and to still be in the land of the living :) How you been?

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me wondering if you were ever going to return. Thought I was going to have to delete you from my blogroll. LOL! Good to know you're back!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Nikki: Delete me from your blogroll ?!?!?! Dag...it's like that??? LOL. Glad I came back!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said...

100 times YES! Yay! I was checking on you girly and thinking bout you.

Netflix is a gem. I have to recomend The Namesake as a book and the movie. I so love it and know you will too!

Again welcome back Ma!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger The G Perspective said...

Good to see you back!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Mwabi: Thanks for the suggestion...I'll have to put that on my list tonight.

@ G: Hey Stranger :) Missed you! We have to catch up...still haven't made my way to the NO...but as soon as I do, I'll let you know.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

You're back, you're back! Yay! You were definitely missed.

I'm loving your list. I read both Eat Love Pray and What is the What this summer, enjoyed them both but the Dave Eggers book was just unbelievable--God bless him and Valentino for surviving and bringing us this story.

Looking forward to catching up with you!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Darbs said...

@ Shelley: Yup...I'm back...thanks for missing me :) Guess we have the same taste in books, huh? Yes...What is the What is a book that is going to stay with me for the rest of my life.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Shug said...

Glad you're back Darbs! I missed you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home